Finding a foundation for darker skin tones can be challenging. No one wants to look ashy or gray, and sometimes the colors are just not deep enough to match our Alek Wek or Ajak Deng type beauties. Don’t worry, #TeamBeautiful has you covered. We have foundations (many which we have tried!) that are perfect for women with deeper melanin.
- AJ Crimson Beauty creates a dual skin creme foundation that is paraben free, cruelty free, and all natural with a beeswax base. AJCrimson.com, $35.
- Black Up Cosmetics is an upscale French makeup company that focuses on women with darker skin tones. They create a beautiful foundation that provides medium coverage and a natural finish. Black Up Matifying Fluid Foundation, $41.50.
- Black Opal carries deep tones for foundation at an affordable price. This is definitely a #TeamBeautiful favorite. The foundation stick makes it so easy to apply! True Color Skin Perfecting Stick Foundation SPF15, BlackOpalBeauty.com, $9.95.
- Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation is perfect full coverage foundation that includes darker skin tones. The foundation is perfect for covering up acne and blemishes (use their primer first!). Sephora, $43.
- William Tuttle, professional makeup artists’ personal favorite and a longtime industry favorite, is known for making great foundations that are great for drier skin. He goes very deep into skin tones and his colors have not been duplicated. MakeupMania.com, $19.95.
- Sacha Cosmetics is a brand made in Trinidad and Tobago, a country known for multitudes of melanin. Their Cream to Powder Foundation provides full coverage for very dark skin women. SachaCosmetics.com, $20.
From Hello Beautiful