Give yourself a little self-affirmation each morning
Feeling stuck, or like you need to move in a new direction? A personal mantra—a positive statement that you repeat daily to inspire, encourage and affirm yourself—can help. Not sure where to start? Pick one of these uplifting mantras and say it aloud five times before your feet hit the floor each morning.
1. “I slay.” Yes, it’s the chorus to “Formation,” but more than that, it’s a reminder that you—like Bey—slay. All day. And don’t you forget it.
2. “I am filled with gratitude.” It is only when we give thanks for the blessings we have that we can be open to receive the blessings that are to come.
3. “Right now, just as I am, I am enough.” No matter what you want to accomplish or what you want to be, you already have every single thing you need to get there. Now trust yourself.
4. “I am enveloped by abundance.” From money to security to love, you have an unending supply of everything you need and want. You just have to act as if it is so.
5. “I am adored.” We’ve all had days when we feel alone and isolated and unloved. It’s key to start the day by reminding yourself that you love you, no matter what.
6. “I am doing everything I can to live my best life.” Yes, we’re borrowing this from Oprah. This mantra will empower you to take control of your life and make it the best it can be.
7. “What is for me will be for me.” You can be as anxious as you want about that job you interviewed for or that man you love, but it’s so much easier to just let it go and trust that the universe will deliver exactly what you need, exactly when you need it.
8. “I am joyful beyond belief.” Happiness is cool, but what you really should be after is deep, abiding, unshakable joy, the kind that emanates from you and lightens the loads of everyone you touch. Own it.
9. “My life is dope and I do dope s–t.” Whatever you might feel about Kanye these days, that man knows the kind of life he wants and makes it happen. Follow suit.